If you can't tell, I am feeling those spring vibes. Enjoying some ice cream at a local creamery in the summer sun with niece & nephew sounds like heaven right now. This ice cream recipe is both delicious and simple to make. You do not need an ice cream maker or any fancy equipment. You just need a bit of time to let it freeze! I am currently in Miami, Florida! So this heat has me craving this ice cream back home.
Pistachio Coffee Ice Cream with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of espresso
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of shelled, unsalted, crushed pistachios
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate, melted.
- Place the heavy cream into a medium size pot. Add in the espresso and vanilla bean. Stir & place over a medium flame till the cream starts to steam, approxiametly 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cream has been heated, cool off until extremely cold again in the fridge or freezer. You want it to be around 32'F.
- Strain the coffee & vanilla bean out of the cream using a paper towel or double folded cheese cloth.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl using an electric mixer or a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Right before you are done whisk in the sugar.
- Place the milk into another large bowl. Slowly incorporate the whipped cream into the milk in 3 additions.
- Once the mixture is completely combined, line a square or rectangular metal dish with parchment paper and scoop 1/2 of the ice cream into the pan. Lay 1/2 of the pistachios on top of the ice cream. Place the rest of the ice cream on top & sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Freeze over night or for at least 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the ice cream. Freeze for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the white chocolate hardens, enjoy your simple & easy treat!