These muffins are the sweet symphony of autumn. If you are having one of those dreadful, substandard days, take an hour to bake these delicacies. I have never made a muffin before that made me feel comforted. These muffins are extra light, creamy, and seasoned to supremacy. These muffins will melt in your mouth as soon as you take a bite & the flavor is a galaxy of pumpkin pie and spicy ginger crashing together.These muffins are going to rake in all of those autumn feelings you have been searching for.
If you are one of those people who loves muffins from your coffee shop and doesn't want to put in any more effort than just a box mix, whip these up and your mind will be changed forever. The yogurt creates such a high moisture content that lasts throughout the baking process because it doesn't evaporate out of the mixture as quickly as milk would. I utilized cake flour in this recipe as well because it makes for a finer grain texture. Scoop the orange sinful batter into seasonal casings and you have yourself a wonderful treat!
Pumpkin Ginger Yogurt Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
- 8 ounces of butter, softened
- 8 ounces of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 10 ounces of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 10 ounces of fat free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, freshly grated
- Preheat your oven to 350'F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until the mixture is light in color and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until fully combined. Add in the pumpkin and vanilla bean extract.
- Sift in the cake pumpkin pie spice, flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Lastly add in the yogurt and ginger.
- Scoop the batter out into lined muffin tins and bake them for about 25 to 35 minutes. Check the muffins using a toothpick.