Petite Coffee Banana Bundt Cakes with Toffee Syrup
Makes 4 mini cakes
// Cakes //
- 3 small bananas; approximately 1 cup
- 1/3 cup of organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup of coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons of coffee emulsion
- 1 cup of flour
// Syrup //
- 1/4 cup of organic sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350'F. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mash the bananas with the sugar, spices, and vanilla until slightly chunky and thoroughly combined.
- Add in the coconut cream, salt, vegan butter, and coffee emulsion. Mix just until interrogated.
- Fold in the flour using a spatula. There should be some small lumps in the batter.
- Spray your bundt pans with vegan friendly cooking spray & scoop the batter 2/3 of the way full into each one.
- Place each little pan on to a sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes. This is going to depend on your oven. Test them to check if they're done. Using a tooth pick, you should be able to see if they're done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. When you see the sugar start to dissolve, stir it around.
- When the sugar has full melted & turned a light golden brown, add the butter and stir in. It may slightly seize up on you, keep mixing until it becomes uniform again. Add in the almond milk. Turn the heat off and allow the sauce to sit and merry.
- When your cakes are finished, you can serve them slightly warm with the sauce drizzled over the top!